Thursday, September 24, 2009

AD at MCA

As many of my friends and acquaintances are aware of I have started a new career at McClain Christian Academy, MCA, in Lebanon, TN. I was hired on as the Athletic Director, AD, of a virtually non-existent Athletic Program. To elaborate a little, MCA did not have a single athletic team or anything close to one, and I was hired to change this situation and move them in the right direction. This includes no equipment, no fields, no jerseys, limited funding, etc.

This being my first job in the education field and as an Athletic Director I have been faced with challenges daily that other AD's escape. Building a program from the ground - up. I have embraced the challenge and I am convinced it is a blessing. With that being said, there are so many instances where I feel like I'm in a stalemate, that I am failing to make progress fast enough, and that I am overwhelmed. I love this job, the kids, and truly believe this is a school that is going in the right direction.

I would love any advice or help anyone could offer in this endeavor. Whether you started a business, organization, etc, or just have some good advice feel free to comment.

2 comments:

  1. First and foremost...I am so proud to see you where you are. You have dream of finding your place in this world and you have. Now trust the Lord.....He will send others to stand by your side and assist you in the plans He has for this Academy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks James, it took me long enough but I finally ended up where we talked about so many times. Now I have to stay focused and become successful at this career.

    ReplyDelete